The Ellsworth Community College wrestling team traveled to Mason City on Wednesday, Nov. 14 and took home a 31-15 win at the NIACC duals.
ECC won seven of their ten matches for the night. Results included:
- 125 - Carter Cox (E) dec. Arie Reyes, 5-3
- 133 - Brock Luthens (N) dec. Hector Candelaria, 8-7 (OT)
- 141 - Hunter Luke (N) won by forfeit
- 149 - Cardeionte Wilson (E) major dec. Quinn Murphy, 12-3
- 157 - Zach Garza (E) tech. fall Xavier Judge, 17-2
- 165 - Khanden Howse (E) major dec. Julian Giustiniano, 15-4
- 174 - Myron Crawford (E) won by forfeit
- 184 - Jordan Shahrikian (E) pinned Reldon Miller, :51
- 197 - Holt Truax (N) pinned Devon Gordon, 3:56
- 285 - Charles Griffen (E) dec. Zach Santee, 7-4
"Overall we wrestled pretty well and were able to take 7 of 10 matches," commented ECC Head Wrestling Coach Cole Spree. "With our conference being the best in the country it is tough to secure wins so that feels good. It definitely was not our best performance to date though and we need to learn some things from the night. We are excited for the team to compete again this weekend and then have an opportunity to take a break and spend time with their families for thanksgiving."
The Panthers will travel to St. Charles, MO to compete in the Lindenwood University Open on Saturday, Nov. 17 starting at 9 am.
Photo Caption: ECC's Jordan Shahrikian in last year's meet against Iowa State Club Wrestling.