As the 2017-18 softball season comes closer to an end for the Ellsworth Community College Panthers, it's time to start planning for the upcoming year. With seven frequent players graduating, the Panthers need to restock the roster.
ECC has signed 11 incoming freshmen for next season:
- Katie Smith (Linn-Mar High School, Robins, IA) "I chose to come to ECC because Coach Forsyth has given me the opportunity to pursue my dream to play college softball. I am excited to meet new friends, experience new things and play softball." Smith will play either pitcher or second base for the Panthers.
- Gwen Hovorka (East Bend High School, West Bend, WI) "I chose ECC for not only how beautiful their campus is but also how involved the community is with Ellsworth. It felt like home with how close the neighborhoods were to campus and how welcoming the players, coaches and staff were when I first visited. The moment I stepped onto the campus, I knew Ellsworth was the place for me. I am excited to see how Ellsworth can challenge me as a student, from the variety of classes offered to the small class sizes. I am also excited to be able to continue playing the game that I love at the next level." Hovorka will play outfield for ECC.
- Hannah Hoffman (Benton HS, St. Joseph, MO) "I chose to come to Ellsworth because I thought it would challenge me academically and athletically. I also really like the coaches and the feel of the school. I am most excited to be a part of the softball team and build my talent." Hoffman will be a pitcher for ECC.
- Katy Payne (Lexington HS, Lexington, MO) "I chose to come to Ellsworth because of the opportunity to further my education and play softball. I'm looking forward to a lot at Ellsworth but I'm especially excited to be going to a small town and having a home away from home." Payne will either play pitcher or infield for the Panthers.
- Katie Camp (Collins-Maxwell HS, Nevada, IA) "I chose Ellsworth because of the smaller campus and friendly environment. I am most excited about the experience and playing softball with a new team!" Camp will play outfield for ECC.
- Harlie Durr (Newton HS, Newton, IA) "I chose to come to Ellsworth because the environment on campus was welcoming and full of opportunity. I also chose Ellsworth because they will challenge me and help me succeed, both in class and on the field. I am most excited to get to work for the season!" Durr will be an outfielder for the Panthers.
- Makenna Myers (Pekin HS, Hendrick, IA) "I chose to come to Ellsworth because I like the idea of a smaller campus and smaller class sizes. I also was impressed by all the welcoming staff and students. I'm looking forward to playing softball and exploring career options in the Ag program." Myers will be a catcher for ECC.
- Iadimar Torres (Salinas, Puerto Rico) Torres will play middle infield and also center field.
- Ivy Aulwes (Clayton Ridge HS, Guttenberg, IA) Aulwes will play third base, outfield and catcher.
- Morgan Schueler (Dubuque Senior HS, Dubuque, IA) Schueler will play third base.
- Kylie Adden (Gardner-Edgerton HS, Gardner, KS) "I chose Ellsworth because of the abundance of majors and how all the students and staff are like a family." "I am most excited for the upcoming softball season and to meet new people!" Adden will play outfield.
"I am very excited for the 2018 fall class. We have a lot of talent coming in and we are excited to get fall practice started," commented ECC Head Softball Coach and Athletic Director Nate Forsyth.
|Katie Smith||Gwen Hovorka||Hannah Hoffman|
|Katy Payne||Katie Camp||Harlie Durr|
|Makenna Myers||Iadimar Torres||Ivy Aulwes|
|Morgan Schueler||Kylie Adden|