Head Football Coach Josh Lattimer announced today that Ellsworth Community College has signed 46 new recruits so far, including 30 athletes from Iowa. He also has commitments from 5 players who will walk on for the ECC Panther football team.
Iowa high school athletes who have committed to play football at ECC this fall include:
- CAL – Hunter Schielsman (OL).
- Cedar Falls – Brandon Corkey (WR).
- Chariton –Pavel Garbuzov (DE) and Zach McElroy (LB).
- Clinton - DJ Bessellieu (OL), Alex Caldwell (DB), Dustin Caldwell (RB), De'Lanta Chamberlain (DB) and Kurt Williams (DL). Dike-New Hartford – Brian Coulthard (OL) and Levi Lynch (RB).
- Fairfield – Brett Scott (FB).
- Forest City – Marcus Knapp (DL).
- Fort Dodge – Marquan Clayton (OL).
- Garner-Hayfield/Ventura – Allen Devora (DE).
- Hempstead – Nolan Cook (TE).
- Iowa City – Ivan Diaz (DB), Randy Gipson (OL), Xavier Washpun (RB) and Mitch Wieland (QB).
- Iowa Falls-Alden – Sam Thielen (LB).
- Lincoln – Andrew Jones (DT), Tommy Nachtigal (DT) and Alex Seakor (RB).
- North Polk – Jamal Hansen (FB).
- Northeast – Tevin Stoecker (DB).
- Pocahontas – Draven Barth (RB).
- Prairie – Jalon Coleman (LB) and Kentrel Smith (DB).
- Roland-Story – Charlie Messer (WR).
- South Hardin – Chandler Hallett (RB) and Bryce Zeisneiss (DE).
- Urbandale – Solomon Cooper (RB) and Eric Duolo (DB).
- Wapsie Valley – Cameron Maurer (OL).
- West Liberty – Christian Garcia (OL).
Out-of-state recruits include Erik Mumford (OL) of Detroit, MI; Devonte Jones (LB) of Miami, FL; Terrell Collins (LB) of Florissant, MO; Benny Gray (RB) and Tavone Rivers (WR) of LaGrange, GA; Brandon Byrd (DL) of Tallahasse, FL; Isaiah Sith (WR) of Boone Terre, MO; Sylwester Augustyn (WR) of North Port, FL; Brian Darby (DB) and Taijee Green (TE) of Fort Washington, MD; Dwayne Pruitt (LB) of Homestead, FL; Greg Patton (DL) and Shaquile Williams (OL) of Port Charlotte, FL; Duval Allen (DB) of Riverdale, GA; Jontae Henry (DE) of Rock Hill, SC; Brandon Hargrove (DL) of Winnfield, LA; and Ashad Guice (LB) of Washington, DC.
"I am extremely excited about the signees and commitments that we have received on national signing day. We as a staff feel we have a great group of Iowa players we signed and several difference-makers from out-of-state," said Coach Lattimer. "My hat goes off to my assistant coaches and the hard work and dedication they put forth in this recruiting season as they (Marvin Bohannon, Eric Henson, Xavier Leonard, CJ Madison, Julian Mendez, Clayton Nalan, and OJ Payne) studied game films and stats and visited with potential students and their families. I also want to give a special thanks to the people on ECC's campus with all the help on recruiting visits and phone conversations they conducted to help us build this program to where it needs to be, especially Athletic Director Nate Forysth, Admissions Director Adriane Gehl, Assistant Baseball Coach Pedro Hernandez, Financial Aid Administrator Tara Miller, Director Student Support Services Tracie Self and Provost Dr. Nancy Muecke.
"The Ellsworth football program has high hopes going into the 2014 season," Coach Lattimer continues. "I knew we would have to recruit top players to be competitive in our new alliance with the Kansas Jayhawk Conference, and I believe we've accomplished that. It is a very exciting time for Ellsworth Panther football!"